Better English: A Better Future is a unique, flexible resource
designed to teach the basics
of English grammar and punctuation. This writing skills programme has been extensively trialled
by academic staff, students, employers and employees. They say the programme is fun and easy to use, and it works!
"I have just completed your writing programme. I loved the clear, uncomplicated lessons, the Handy Hints, and most of all the PRACTICE pages. The logical progression of the lessons, starting at a basic level and building on knowledge gained, is the recipe in my experience for successful learning. And the pictures were delightful, especially when re-visiting lessons. I know that anyone undertaking this programme will enjoy mastering grammar and punctuation in this logical and structured way."
Benefits of Better English: A Better Future
Easy to use
- The programme is accessed online through our website to a secure server by clicking on the icon.
- Our unique personalisation remembers where you or your employees left off at your last visit, and takes you back there next time you access the programme.
- The navigation system has been designed to be as simple and intuitive to use as possible - all you have to do is point and click.
- Staff can use the programme as a reference tool.
- Alternatively, as a learning tool, the programme allows users to work at their own pace, undertaking each section or lesson, and practising the skills that they learn.
- The programme can be used for inhouse training.
- The programme is always available for use anywhere, at any time.
- The programme is also a valuable resource if you employ staff whose first language is not English.
Clear, comprehensive engaging lessons
- Lessons are clear and uncomplicated.
- Users learn the basics of English grammar and punctuation, building on knowledge acquired at each stage to gain skills that will benefit your business.
- Lessons cover everything users need for writing competence.
- Included in this programme is a journal that users, as well as their manager, can access as a record of their learning.
- Users enjoy interactive digital technology.
- This engages them in a scientifically-based learning process, ensuring better uptake of information.
Extra benefits for managers
- You can see where users’ individual or collective strengths and weaknesses lie.
- You will find a number of reporting facilities included in this programme.
- These help you to quickly review the progress of your employees.
- You will also be able to see where future focus may be required.
- Our server is secured with a 128 bit encryption.
- Users cannot access the internet from the programme, and are more likely to stay on task.
About the author
- Heather Ker, BA Hons (1st class), BA, ATCL, LTCL, Dip Tchg, Dip ALT, has taught English to secondary and tertiary students for over 40 years.
- She also designs and conducts writing workshops for numerous businesses and organisations.
Her research into student writing has produced a number of papers for national and international conferences, including the Writing in Higher Education Conference held at the University of Warwick, one of Europe’s most prestigious centres of tertiary writing research.
Return to the top of the page >>
Internet Marketing Company - Jenkinson And Associates Ltd.